Full scholarships to study in Turkey are now open! And thanks to it you will be able to carry out undergraduate/graduate, master, and doctoral studies. In addition, you can study in different areas such as natural sciences, engineering, design, art, humanities, social sciences, economic and administrative sciences, among others.
This is the grant from the government of Turkey that covers ALL your expenses in this wonderful country: full payment of your studies, monthly maintenance, roundtrip tickets, medical insurance, accommodation, and even a complete Turkish course for one year.
Let us begin!
Why study in Turkey
Located between Asia and Europe, this country has become a great academic, cultural, and tourist attraction for millions of people around the world.
And it is that in case you did not know, due to its geographical location it has been the home of thousands of civilizations that for several years have left their mark, making it a highly developed nation, with excellent quality of life and unique cultural advances.
Therefore, some of the main reasons that you cannot lose sight of to travel and study in Turkey are:
- Your variety of high-quality education opportunities
- A great diversity of academic programs and universities
- Multicultural environment
- Advanced aspects and technological spaces
- Beautiful natural attractions
What is the Turkey Scholarship?
Studying in Turkey has become a totally affordable dream for millions of citizens around the world thanks to the Turkey Scholarship which is one of the most generous in the world.
Its program has been in force since 2012 and since then more than 150,000 people of more than 160 nationalities have benefited.
This scholarship program is funded by the government of that country and aims to build a network of future leaders committed to strengthening cooperation between countries and mutual understanding between societies.
What makes this scholarship program unique is that it not only includes financial support but also provides college placement to its recipients at all levels of higher education.
The scholarship program offers programs in the 50 best and most prestigious universities in Turkey and provides assistance in all the services and procedures necessary for an international student to feel at home in this country. These include: providing a dormitory, medical insurance, student bank account, and a residence permit, as well as a one-year language course.
- Enrollment and complete studies
- Monthly stipend
- Round trip tickets
- Health insurance
- Turkish language course for one year
What can you study?
- Undergraduate / Bachelor’s degree
- Specific programs for artists
- Research scholarship programs
- Turkish language programs for officials and researchers
Turkey Scholarship Requirements
Undergraduate or Bachelor’s degree: Be a maximum of 21 years of age and a minimum academic average of 70% of the maximum grade.
Masters: Have a maximum of 30 years of age and a minimum academic average of 75% of the maximum grade.
Doctorates: Maximum 35 years of age and a minimum academic average of 75% of the maximum grade.
Applicants of Health Sciences (Medicine, Dentistry, and Pharmacy) of any level: a minimum average of 90% of the maximum qualification.
In most cases, proficiency in English or Turkish will not be necessary, since the scholarship covers one year of preparation in the Turkish language and most programs will be in that language.
- A valid national identity document or passport
- National test scores in your country (in the case of Colombia, it is the ICFES if you want to apply for an undergraduate/bachelor’s degree, and for master’s degrees the SABER PRO)
- Diploma or temporary certificate of graduation from your last completed studies (undergraduate/graduate, master’s, doctorate)
- Certificate of academic qualifications
Some programs may require:
- International exam scores such as GRE, GMAT, DELF, YDS, YÖS.
- English exams (when the program is in this language)
- A research proposal and an example of your written work (for PhD applicants only)
The scholarships have an opening duration of about a month, and they open every year in the month of January.
For this year, the application deadline is February 20, 2021.
How to apply for the Turkey Scholarship (Step by step)
STEP 1: Enter the official page of the Turkey Scholarship
- These scholarships give you the facility to carry out your entire application process from its official website, so it is important that you can read all the information in it in detail.
- In the top menu, you will find all the details about the scholarships, requirements, benefits, application dates, and application process.
- enter the official website of the turkey scholarship
STEP 2: Create your username and password
- In the upper right corner, you can find the orange button, which will allow you to create your username and password.
- This step is essential, since, through the internal platform, you will be able to upload your documentation and apply for scholarships.
- Upon entering, you will see a menu for registering your user and some previous indications that you should take into account.
- Create your username and password
- When registering, you must fill out the following form, where you will be asked for basic information such as your name, date of birth, nationality, etc.
STEP 3: Fill out the online form
- As soon as you enter you will see different exclamation marks in red and yellow on the left. And in the center, it will tell you that you cannot apply for any scholarship.
- Fill out the form for the Turkey scholarship application
- In order to apply for the scholarship of your interest, you must first fill in all the information requested in the form.
STEP 4: Find your programs of interest
- As some programs will ask for special documentation, it is a good idea to first review the requirements of the different programs in the area and the level of study that interests you.
- To do this you must go to the upper right where it says “Scholarship Search”.
STEP 5: Upload documentation and apply
- Every time you fill in the information in each section, the exclamation point will turn two cool blue:
- Upload requested documentation for Turkey scholarship application
- Once you have filled out all the information, the Main Page of the portal will show you the scholarships to which you can apply. In this example, if it says “Not applicable” for the undergraduate or bachelor’s scholarship it’s because in the information I put in, I have already done that type of study.