Hungary is a great country to study for both its geographic location, its technological advancements, and its rich culture. In addition, the country has different scholarships to study at virtually any level and area of study for free.
So keep reading because in this article I will tell you the main reasons why you should study in Hungary, as well as I will explain step by step how to find your ideal academic program and how to successfully apply for the full scholarship of this wonderful country.
Let’s get started!
Why study in Hungary?
- Hungary is one of the European countries with the best safety index.
- You can learn water polo, the most popular and practiced sport in the country
- Hungary has one of the cheapest costs of living in all of Europe.
- The architecture of the cities of Hungary is considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
- The quality of higher education is one of the best in the entire European continent.
- You will be able to visit emblematic and representative places of the Hungarian country such as the Buda
- Castle, the Hungarian Parliament Building, the Chain Bridge, and many more.
- So if you want to know the wonderful culture and customs of this cold, but beautiful country, I recommend you keep reading because I bring you the most generous and complete scholarship to study in Hungary at very low costs.
Stipendium Hungaricum Full Scholarship
Offeror: Government of Hungary.
- For the undergraduate or bachelor’s and master’s programs, the scholarship covers the full payment of the tuition, monthly maintenance of 121 euros, free accommodation in the university dormitory or a monthly contribution of € 111 for rent, and medical insurance of 277 € per year.
- In the case of doctorates, the scholarship has full enrollment coverage, maintenance of € 388 for the first phase of education and € 499 for the second; it also offers free accommodation in the university dormitory or a monthly contribution of € 111 for rent and medical insurance of € 277 per year.
- You can study any level and area of knowledge such as Architecture, Human Sciences, Engineering, Health, Physics, Economics, among others.
- Not have the citizenship of Hungary.
- For studies in English having proficiency in the language (IELTS or TOEFL), each host institution requires a different level of income.
- For studies in the Hungarian language have a proficiency in the language (level B2).
- The other requirements vary depending on the institution and the program to which you wish to apply.
For undergraduate or bachelor’s degrees, those interested must be between 18 and 23 years old and have a bachelor’s degree after 2016. For master’s degrees they must be between 21 and 65 years old, a grade point average greater than 80%, and a minimum year of experience.
In the case of doctorates, they require being between 23 and 65 years old, having a master’s grade average of over 80%, and having at least one year of experience.
Application process: through the official website of each partner or responsible authority of the country/region of origin.
Deadline: January of each year.
How and where to find this full scholarship to study in Hungary?
Step 1: Enter the official Stipendium Hungaricum website
Stipendium Hungaricum is the official website of the scholarship, which has been offered by the Government of Hungary since 2013; The program is supervised by the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade and is also managed by the Tempus Public Foundation.
Step 2: Know the entities responsible for the procedure in each country
As you are on the scholarship website, you click on partners to see the countries that have an agreement with the Government of Hungary to apply for the scholarship.
In addition, when selecting your country of origin, you will be able to know what programs are available to study in Hungarian territory; in the same way, you will know the entity responsible for the application process for this full scholarship.
In the case of Colombia, a student residing in this country will only be able to study an undergraduate or graduate degree in areas such as agriculture, economics, natural sciences, engineering and technology, arts and social sciences. Likewise, the corresponding entity in this case for the scholarship application process is Icetex.
Countries with an agreement to study in Hungary
Step 3: Discover the programs available to study in Hungary
At the top of the website, you will find the study finder, which will help you to know which programs are available and the host universities in Hungary.
You can categorize by region, university, language, level, or area of study to make it easier to find a program that suits your personal needs or interests.
In addition, you can find contact information for the university or program you are interested in and learn more about the application process.
Step 4: Apply and know the documentation of the available programs
To be part of the call, go to the section to apply or apply where you will find the details, the application process and time, and everything you need to know about applying to the undergraduate and graduate programs of the scholarship respectively.
Present the requirements to study in Hungary
When you have read and know all the documentation required to apply for the scholarship, click on the box to apply or apply and it directs you directly to the official page where you must create an account to be an official applicant for the scholarship.
How to win a scholarship to study in Hungary?
As you noticed, the full scholarship to study in Hungarian territory is offered by the Government of Hungary for different levels and areas of knowledge, and although there are a great variety of requirements, it is essential to have motivation and taste for the culture of this country.
In addition, you will need to assertively communicate your merit and motivation through documents such as your motivation letter, CV, and in some cases even letters of recommendation.