There are several scholarships to study architecture abroad and today is your lucky day because here you will know the most generous ones and how you can win them.
In addition, there are opportunities for all levels of study such as bachelor’s or undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral degrees.
Best of all, these opportunities are offered every year and their benefits can cover all of your studies, living expenses, airline tickets, and even medical insurance.
The best scholarships for architecture are:
- Invest Your Talent in Italy Scholarship.
- DAAD Grant (Germany).
- AUIP scholarship in Spain.
- Master Mind Study in Flanders Scholarship (Belgium).
- Future in Russia Scholarship.
Next, I will show you the benefits and requirements of each scholarship so that you can read them in detail as they vary.
Let’s get started!
1. Invest Your Talent in Italy Scholarship
Architecture scholarships in Italy
Offeror: the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
Benefits: full payment of your studies, medical insurance, and monthly maintenance of approximately 900 euros.
Study level: master’s degrees in architecture, engineering, design, and other areas.
- Have the nationality of one of the following countries: Azerbaijan, Brazil, Colombia, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana,
- India, Indonesia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Mexico, People’s Republic of China, Tunisia, Turkey, and Vietnam
- Have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree (cannot belong to an Italian university).
- Be 26 years of age or older.
- B2 English proficiency certification (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC).
Application process: through the official website of the scholarship having prior acceptance of the university to which you wish to apply.
Deadline: March of each year.
2. DAAD scholarship (Germany)
Architecture scholarships in Germany
Offeror: the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Benefits: full payment of your studies, round-trip air tickets, medical insurance, monthly maintenance of 861 euros, monthly accommodation subsidy, and total financing of a previous German course of up to six months.
Study level: master’s degree or research project/study.
You can study:
- Architecture, Interior Design.
- Conservation of Monuments.
- Urban planification.
- Urban Development.
- Regional Planning.
- Landscape architecture.
- Landscape Planning.
- Have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree, which must have been obtained in the last six years.
- Fluent in English or German, depending on which one you select to view the classes in each language.
- Be a citizen of countries such as Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, and Peru that have academic excellence.
Application process: through the official website of the scholarship.
Deadline: between the months of September and October of each year.
3. AUIP scholarship in Spain
The AUIP Scholarships for architecture in Spain
Offeror: the Ibero-American Postgraduate University Association.
Benefits: depends on the selected university; however, all institutions finance, at a minimum, the total payment for your studies. In the best cases, these can cover roundtrip air tickets, medical insurance, and minimum monthly maintenance of 400 euros.
Study level: master’s and doctorates in architecture, civil engineering, design, and other areas.
Requirements: they depend on the university you want to apply to; however, some of the requirements are present in all programs such as:
- Letter of acceptance from the host university.
- Academic title, for a master’s degree you need an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree and in the case of doctorates, you need a master’s degree.
- Academic excellence.
- Not having any other type of financing or financial aid from higher education institutions or the Government of your country of origin.
- Application process: through the official website of the program or the university to which you wish to apply.
Deadline: depending on the program and the university you wish to apply to, but it is generally between May and June of each year.
4. Master Mind Study in Flanders Scholarship (Belgium)
Belgium and its best scholarships for architecture
Offeror: The Ministry of Education and Training of Flanders, the northern region of Belgium.
Benefits: Payment of studies at any university in the Flanders region and 8,200 euros per academic year (maximum two years) to cover living expenses and medical insurance.
Study level: master’s degrees in architecture, engineering, and other areas.
- Grade point average greater than 80%.
- Proficiency in English, which must be certified and approved with more than 94 points on the TOEFL or at least 7 points in the case of the IELTS exam.
- Interest in studying in the Flanders region at one of the eligible universities, in the case of architecture the only universities available are Ghent University and Hasselt University.
Application process: Interested persons must apply to the Belgian university in which they wish to study and this preselects the candidates for scholarships.
Deadline: Between February and March of each year, depending on the university to which you want to apply.
5. Future in Russia Scholarship
Best Scholarships for Architecture in Rusia
Offeror: the Government of Russia through its embassies in each country.
Benefits: full financing of your studies, monthly maintenance, and accommodation subsidy.
Study level: undergraduate or bachelor’s degrees, masters, and doctorates in architecture and other areas
Requirements: citizens from anywhere in the world can participate in this scholarship, and if you are Russian, you must be living abroad permanently. In addition to this, they must have a command of English or Russian.
Application process: online through Future in Russia and through the Russian embassy in your country
Deadline: January of each year.