The United Kingdom is considered one of the best countries to study since it has the best security, education, culture, and quality of life in the entire European continent. In addition, every year the British territory offers a wide variety of scholarships for all levels and areas of knowledge.
These scholarships, for the most part, are offered by the best universities in the country, and in the best cases, they can cover all your study costs and even monthly maintenance.
So if you want to improve your English and live an unforgettable cultural experience in this country, keep reading because here I will tell you the best full scholarships to study in the United Kingdom.
I recommend you read the proposed alternatives in detail since each one has specific requirements and benefits.
Let’s get started!
Why study in the UK?
- The United Kingdom is a cosmopolitan country, this is because more than 14% of the population is international, which guarantees a wide cultural exchange in the territory.
- The UK higher education system is internationally recognized for its language degrees and certificates.
Security in the British country is recognized since there are millions of closed-circuit cameras in almost all cities and in public and private establishments in order to protect the well-being of all citizens.
- The UK does not suffer from dangerous weather conditions such as hurricanes, tornadoes, or natural disasters such as earthquakes, avalanches, and very heavy floods.
- England has an excellent reputation in the area of literature and music due to the fact that great artists such as Joyce, Shakespeare, Rowling, Adele, The Beatles, One Direction, among others, have left the British territory.
- You will be able to know the most emblematic and tourist places in the country such as Big Ben, Windsor Castle, the London Eye, Swinton Park and many more.
- You can improve your command of English with the refined British accent and if you want to learn another language, you are very close to France, Germany and Italy. 😉
Best Scholarships to Study in the UK
There are different scholarship alternatives to study in the UK and enjoy the variety of academic and cultural benefits that this great experience brings. The most generous scholarships are:
- Chevening Scholarship
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships
- World Bank Scholarships (JJ / WBGSP)
1. Chevening Scholarship
Offeror: the Government of the United Kingdom.
Benefits: full payment of tuition, a monthly stipend, air tickets to and from the UK. In addition, they cover medical insurance, visa application costs, and a travel scholarship to attend the events provided by the scholarship within the country.
You can study: master’s degrees in any area of knowledge.
- Be a citizen of one of the eligible countries such as Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Mexico, Peru, among others.
- Have at least 2 years of professional experience (2,800 hours).
- At the end of your studies in the United Kingdom, you must return to your country of origin in less than 2 years.
- Proficiency in the English language (IELTS or TOEFL Ibt).
Application process: it is done through the official website of the scholarship, taking into account your country of residence.
Deadline: November of each year.
2. Erasmus Mundus scholarships
Offeror: European Union.
Benefits: full payment of your studies, medical insurance, 1,000 euros a month for maintenance, and € 7,000 for travel and installation expenses.
You can study: master’s degrees in the various areas of knowledge such as:
- Journalism, media, and globalization.
- Integrated computer systems.
- The international law of global security, peace, and development.
- And many more.
- Have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree.
- Proficiency in English (TOEFL or IELTS).
Application process: directly on the official website of the university to which you wish to apply.
Deadline: it depends on the program to which you are going to apply; usually between October and March of each year.
3. World Bank Scholarships (JJ / WBGSP)
Offeror: the Government of Japan and the World Bank Group.
Benefits: airline tickets, $ 500 travel allowance for each trip, medical insurance. Additionally, they offer full payment for your studies and a monthly subsistence to cover accommodation and living expenses.
You can study: master’s degrees in the area of development such as:
- Finance and international development.
- Conflict, construction of the State, and development.
- Agriculture and development.
- Climate change and development.
- Finance for development.
- Be a citizen of a developing country such as Cambodia, Ghana, Haiti, Honduras, Kenya, Nicaragua, Sudan, Uganda, Venezuela, and many more. If you want to know the complete list of all eligible countries, click here.
- Have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of work experience in the development field.
- Be admitted to one of the participating JJ / WBGSP master’s programs.
- Being employed, at the time of submission of the application, in a job full-time job with a focus on the development field.
- Be in good physical health.
- Not belonging to the staff of the World Bank Group.
Application process: an application must first be submitted to the program and university to which you wish to apply; then online you apply for the scholarship on the official website of the World Bank.
Deadline: May of each year.