There are different scholarships for psychology abroad, and today is your lucky day because I bring you a list of the most comprehensive and generous scholarships out there.
In addition, these opportunities are offered every year for all levels of study such as undergraduate or bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, and even doctorates.
In the best cases, these scholarships can cover you from the total payment of your studies in psychology, air tickets (round trip), maintenance costs, and even medical insurance.
The scholarships to study psychology abroad are:
- Scholarships from the University of Maastricht (Holland).
- Scholarships from the University of Padova (Italy).
- Vanier Graduate Scholarships (Canada).
But before starting, I recommend you read each call in detail, since the requirements and benefits may vary depending on the university or the country you wish to apply to.
Let us begin!
1. Scholarships for psychology from the University of Maastricht (Holland)
Offeror: Maastricht University.
Benefits: full payment of your studies, living and lodging expenses, medical insurance, and visa application costs.
You can study: Bachelor / Undergraduate and Master’s programs in:
- Forensic psychology.
- Organizational and Work Psychology.
- Developmental Psychology.
- Social and Health Psychology.
- Juridic psychology.
- And many more.
Be a national of any country outside the European Economic Area and the European Union.
Have an undergraduate or bachelor’s degree in the case of a master’s degree.
Application process: online, via the Maastricht University website.
Application deadline: January for the undergraduate/bachelor’s degree and February for master’s studies.
2. Scholarships from the University of Padova (Italy)
Offeror: the University of Padua together with the Veneto region and other organizations.
Benefits: exemption from tuition and an annual payment of 8,000 euros for living expenses and accommodation. In addition, the benefits will have a duration of 2 years for the master’s degree and 3 years for undergraduate or undergraduate candidates.
You can study: undergraduate or master’s programs in:
- Psychological Science.
- Techniques and Methods in Psychological Science.
- Clinical, Social, and Intercultural Psychology.
- Cognitive Neuroscience and Clinical Neuropsychology.
- Developmental and Educational Psychology.
- Among other.
- Not possess Italian citizenship.
- Have a high school or baccalaureate diploma in the case of undergraduate/bachelor’s degrees; on the other
- hand, to apply for a master’s degree you must have an undergraduate degree.
- Do not reside in Italy.
- Apply for up to three programs in English at the University of Padua.
- Mastery of English.
Application process: through the official website of the scholarship.
Application deadline: June of each year.
3. Vanier Graduate Scholarships (Canada)
offeror: Government of Canada through the Vanier-Banting Secretariat.
Benefits: 34,000 euros per year for academic costs and living and accommodation expenses.
You can study: doctoral programs in clinical psychology.
Requirements: citizens from anywhere in the world, but who have not previously completed a doctorate, can apply to this scholarship. In addition, the participant must be nominated by one of the eligible Canadian institutions.
Application process: through the official website of the scholarship and the eligible Canadian institution.
Application deadline: November of each year.